Books & Guides
On modern Java / JVM / Spring development
Archived Blog Posts (Pre-2018):
- Starting the new year with a bang!
- Programmer Job Interviews
- Who says that?
- You should prototype more
- Software Requirements: How to find out what users want | Part 2
- Software Requirements: How to find out what users want | Part 1
- 5 Simple Ways To Get More Accurate Estimates
- 4 common mistakes developers make when estimating
- The Anemic User Story
- Programmers: 4 ways your boss or client puts pressure on you and how to react
- A programmer’s road to productivity - Step 2 : Battling assumptions
- A Programmer's Road To Productivity - Step 1 : Deconstruction of Requirements
- Programmer productivity starts with requirements, not tools!
- Marco Behler's 2014 Ultimate Java Developer Library, Tool & People List
- Should you test your ORM mappings?
- Testing your code under pressure and with ever-changing requirements
- My developers always talk about technical debt - what can I do?
- The Java persistence ghetto (and how jOOQ might change that)
- Should my tests be @Transactional?
- A comic : IT projects and how to make them "successful"
- Speed Up That Build, now! – Part 2: Filesystem revisted
- Maven: Don't just blindly "mvn clean install"
- An intro: How do I test my software?
- Speed Up That Build, now! - Part 1: Ramdisk and Filesystem
- 4 simple ways to reduce your (C)ontinuous(I)ntegration build cycle
- How to get started with XA/distributed transactions on the JVM